Bhoomitrasena club is an initiative of the Directorate of Environment & Climate Change under the Department of Environment and Climate. The club aims at motivating the college students to appreciate the environment and to react positively to environmental issues. The club promotes the students to maintain a clean and healthy campus by planting trees, organizing seminars, debates, lectures and talks on environmental issues.
- To provide environmental education opportunities for students and make them aware of the importance of preserving nature.
- To motivate the students to practice Bio-Farming and throw light into its benefits.
- To observe important days in connection with the environment and sensitize the students regarding the relevance of the day.
- Organise seminars, lectures, debates and talks on environmental issues in the campus.
- Action based activities like planting trees, cleanliness drive within and outside the campus, cloth bag production etc.
- Organise Bio-Farming competition among departments to inculcate healthy farming habits in students and distribute the crops to students and staff by collecting a nominal price.
- Mr. Praveen Joseph [Dept. of Commerce]
- Mr. Sebastian Thomas [Dept. of EEM]
- Dr. Vinu T Vadakkel [Dept. of Physics]