The mentoring programme aims to provide healthy guidelines to students in matters related to their personal, academic, and social life. Mentoring is a partnership between Mentor and Mentee. Mentors are the full-time teachers who help students in their transitory phases and challenging times. It is based on mutual trust and respect. It has been introduced for obtaining a holistic assessment of the learners’ performance and providing inclusive spaces for growth and development.
Mentoring at St. Aloysius College
- Each department takes care of the mentoring sessions of its students.
- The HOD divides the entire students into different groups and allots a teacher as mentor.
- Mentors arrange meetings with their mentee and maintain records.
- The teachers take up mentoring as a serious mission to help the students reach their full potential.
- The Mentoring sessions act as a mechanism to improve the bond between the students and teachers.
- The mentor keeps certain confidentiality and works for the best interests of the learners.
- The mentors are instructed to be cordial, sympathetic, and trustworthy. They are supposed to be good communicators and patient listeners.
How to benefit from the mentoring programme?
- Have a positive attitude
- Identify special goals that you want to achieve and discuss them clearly with your mentor
- Accept feedback respectfully and cordially and discuss the future course of action
- Provide feedback and communicate welcome developments to the mentor
- Attend mentor meetings regularly & punctually