St. Aloysius College, Edathua.
The National Cadet Corps (NCC) is a youth development movement. It has enormous potential for nation building. The NCC provides opportunities to the youth of the country for their all-round development with a sense of Duty, Commitment, Dedication, Discipline and Moral Values so that they become able leaders and useful citizens. The NCC provides exposure to the cadets in a wide range of activities, with a distinct emphasis on Social Services, Discipline and Adventure Training. Our sub unit is under the 5 Kerala Naval NCC Unit, Changanacherry. Our sanctioned strength is 50 cadets, including first, second and third year cadets. Earlier only first and second year students could join in NCC with 40 cadets’ strength. The previous ANO Dr. Varghese Antony followed the debut ANO Prof. George Joseph.Sub. Lt. Prof. Paul Jacob is the present Associate N.C.C officer.
Report of the activities conducted:
- We conduct minimum 17 parades annually
- We celebrate Independence Day, Republic Day, NCC Day and so on
- We visit Sneha Bhavan, conduct various cultural activities and provide food and financial assistance collected from the cadets.
- All the naval NCC cadets could attend Annual Training Camp (ATC) in the previous years and our cadets could obtain the First Runners Up trophy in the overall competitions conducted in Naval Base Kochi.
- We could give Guard of Honour to the Honourable Kerala Governor Justice (Rtd) P. Sathasivam, who visited our college to inaugurate Golden Jubilee Celebrations.