M.Sc. Zoology (SF)
- MSc Zoology programme was sanctioned to our College in 2012
- The sanctioned strength of the programme is 14
- The Programme follows the revised syllabus of Post Graduate Programme under Credit Semester System – 2019 (PG-CSS-2019) framed by the Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam.
- MSc Zoology programme aims to inculcate the spirit of natural resource conservation and motivate the students for self-employment in applied branches of Zoology
- We offer MSc Zoology programme with elective subject (specialization) Fishery Science
- After the successful completion of the Programme, the students have ample chances for getting attractive jobs elsewhere, as Teachers, Lecturers, Technical advisors, Project assistants, Research assistants etc.
- He/she can directly go for taking a research degree.
- As there are so many vacancies in the ordinary and modern biological fields, one can be placed in any one of these fields such as Biotechnology, Biotelemedicine, Molecular biology, Gene mapping , Haematology etc.
- There are various competitive examinations conducted by Government of India like NET, GATE etc and Foreign Universities like GRE, GMAT, IELTS, TOEFL, SAT and ACT and if the candidate score well, they will get good chances for higher studies or will be placed well.
- With some additional certificates, as for example HACCP certificate (quality control), the students can be able to get good jobs in private or public sectors in India as well as abroad.
- They can be a part of short duration Projects, governed by Central or State Governments; and after the tenure, they will most probably be absorbed by the organizations.