College Library is the nerve centre of all the academic activities of the college. It provides a place where teachers and students can pursue research and study unhampered by noise or any other disturbance. Its facilities and services exist solely to cater to the needs of the academic community of the college. The college library, which is a repertoire of rich knowledge resources with a collection of over 35100 books and subscription of top periodicals and journals is the key source of academic assistance to the community. The college library is located in the main campus on the ground floor wqith a ttotal area of 47675.25 sq ft with a total seating capacity of 70. Library starts functioning at 8.30 a.m and closes at 5.00 p.m. on all working days, providing resources and materials that support the educational, professional, and personal information needs of our students, faculty and staff.
There are special sections for reading, lending and reference. Internet browsing is also available. The library is fully computerized and digitalized with Machine Readable Catalogue facility for searching and Bar-coding for detection and transparency. Students and teachers visit the Library regularly and make use of the digital and print resources provided. The library is automated with the software KOHA versiob 21.05 for the overall management of library operations. Our Library is available 24×7 and Dspace is used for digital library which is also available always online. Our library KOHA is available through the IP 126.96.36.199:8001 and 188.8.131.52:8080/xmlui for Dspace. Books are classified according to Dewey Decimal Classification Scheme 22nd edition. We provide open access facility in the library actualising the prime objective of providing the right information for the right user at the right time. The collection includes print documents as well as electronic documents.
The Library Block Consists of:-
- General reference section
- Periodical section.
- Digital Library
- Stock room with lending section.
- Malayalam Section.
- Newspaper Reading Section
- Reprographic corner
- Resource Management & Circulation ( Koha)
- Book Reservation Facility
- Digital Library ( Dspace)
- Journals and Magazines
- WEB OPAC ( Online Catalogue)
- Newspaper Clipping Service
- SWAYAM-NPTEL Leanring Service
- NLIST-INFLIBNET Service
- Open Access Journals Service
- Gate Entry Monitoring System
- Question Bank
- Inter Library Loan
- Tijomon P Issac Librarian – UGC , M.Li.Sc. 9544002613
- Shajimon Joseph , Library Assistant
- Jeesna Joeph Trainee
- Books – 35100
- Journals – 12
- Newspapers – 9
- Magazines – 36
- N-List (College Id- 2647)
- DELNET(College id-IM8274)
- Shodhganga (Open Access)
- pdfdrive.net (Open Access)
- iitkgp.ac.in (Open Access)
- niscair.res.in (Open Access)
- org (Open Access)
- e-PGPathshala (open access)
- DOAJ – Directory of Open Access Journals
- DOAB – Directory of Open Access Books
- NDLTD – Networked Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations
An outstanding part of the library’s service is the service to the visually impaired students in the college as well as the public. Library installed the software DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) jointly with the Kerala Federation of the Blind Youth Forum and Kerala State Youth Welfare Board on 16th November 2020. This Daisy Talking Book Project comprises of three other softwares i.e NVDA (Screen reader), AMIS (Daisy book player for windows) and Audacity(digital audio editor and recording application software)
It has a collection of around 200 books including short stories, novels, Competitive exams books etc in Malayalam language. We have a voice bank for recording. It comprises of a group of 75 students selected, who has volunteered towards the compilation of voice banks for the benefit of the visually impaired students.
- Library is a place for serious study and research. So strict silence is to be maintained.
- The library will be open from 8.30 am to 5 pm on all working days and Saturdays. (except public holidays and second Saturdays)
- Identity card is compulsory for entering the library.
- Books are issued against the library membership cards, all working days till 4 pm.
- Reference books and periodicals will not be issued for home reading.
- Students must examine the books taken by them and report to the librarian if the books are in a damaged condition before taking them away.
- Any book lost or damaged, must be replaced with the same one or latest edition. (in case of multi volume set, complete set should be replaced).
- The loan period is 14 working days for all categories of users. Renewal is possible only one time and it is for 14 days only.
UG – 2 Books
PG – 7 Books
Research Scholar – 7 Books
Faculties – 10 Books
Guest faculties – 10 Books
- No circulation is possible after 4.30 p.m on working days.
- All the users should submit their library books during vacations and prior to continuous leave in the college.
- Failure to submit the books on or before the due date will levy a fine of Rs: 1/ per day per book till the return.
- No due certificate should be collected from the library on retirement/expiry of contract/course completion/course discontinuation etc.
Inter Library Loan
To facilitate efficient and effective searching of information through the various online database and union catalogue, Library has made MOUs ( Memorandum of Understanding ) with the following educational institutions
- Developing Library Network (DELNET), J.N.U Campus, Nelson Mandela Road, Vasant Kunj,New Delhi.
- St.Berchmans College Changanasserry
- Sacred Heart College Chalakudy
- Don Bosco College Mannuthy ,Thrissur
- Mar Augusthinose College Ramapuram
- Newman College Thodupuzha