* Department of Electronic Equipment & Maintenance *
BSc PHYSICS—ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT MAINTENANCE (Self financing UG Course Affiliated to MG University)
- Established in 2001
- UGC sponsored programme for the first five years
It was later taken up by the management as a self financing programme
- PROGRAMME : Model III, B.Sc Physics-EEM
- CORE : PHYSICS AND ELECTRONICS
COMPLEMENTARY : MATHEMATICS & COMPUTER SCIENCE
OPEN COURSE : COMPUTER HARDWARE & NETWORKING
- EEM is a vocational course
- We have a well equipped workshop which is helpful for both students and the community in the neighbourhood.
- For the community we take the damaged house appliances like refrigerator ,tv ,etc…..and the students repair them in the presence of supervising teacher.
- The extension activities of our department are done in association with Aloysian Neighbourhod Forum of our college.
- We conduct one day and two day workshops on manufacturing of electronic chokes, emergency lamps and on embedded systems.
- As a part of our curriculum our final year students are given two days workshops on embedded systems.
- It was organised by professionals from COZAK technology , Palarivattom.
- All our 25 students were divided into different groups and they were given hands on training in making automatic smoke detector exhaust fan.
- As a part of curriculum academic projects are done by our final year students.
- Students of the department are promoted to acquire technical skills in the fabrication of electronic circuits and gadgets.
- They are motivated to develop small electronic projects and kits which are easily sold out in the market.
- This helps the students to develop their technical efficiency but it also gives them an exposure of latest trends in the field of electronics and information technology.
- These kits made by the students are being added to the departmental infrastructure.
ON THE JOB TRAINING PROGRAMME
- Most attraction and success from this course is that students are getting better jobs in various companies after the completion of this course and the training programme given by us.
- OJT is very important not only to teach students their chosen carrier but to show students the reality about working.
- On the job training are the prt of the collage curriculum that aims to train and orient students about the work and their future carrier.
- Work force education and training can improve performance , productivity and retention.
- OJT gives the students a hands on industrial experience.
- Every year we are giving two training programmes for each batch.
- After the completion of OJT we are giving separate certificates for each students.
- These certificates will also be helpful in their job interviews.
ROLE OF HONOR
YEAR NAME UNIVERSITY RANK 2008-2009
- Sujith S Nair
- Anna Mekha Mathew
- Sabareesh S
I RANK 2010-2011
- Ms.veena S
- Ms.Sarimol. U
II RANK 2012-2013
- Shemon S
- Padmapriyan R
- Asife T. M
- Vivek S Pillai
II RANK 2015-2016
- Amala V R
I RANK 2016-2017
- Sruthymol MS
- Shikha S Kumar
- Mansoor I
III Position 2018-2019
- Akshay G
- Abhimanyu K P