Career Guidance and Placement Cell
St. Aloysius College, Edathua.
Career Guidance and Placement Cell plays a key role in counselling and guiding the students of our college for their successful career placement which is a crucial interface between the stages of completion of academic programmes of the students and their entry into suitable employment. This cell also takes steps to conduct placement programmes in our college and send the students for recruitments to various companies and placement drives conducted at various centres. Every year a number of students get placed in various companies. Lt. Prof. Paul Jacob is the present co-ordinator of placement officer.
During the academic year 2017-2018, we tried to conduct maximum activities We conducted career orientation classes for both first and second year UG students, inassociation with Employment information and Career Bureau, M.G. University, Kottayam.
We conducted one day career, placement and life guidance class to the entire college on 9 thNovember 2017 by Dr. Thankachan . T. C.We are providing PSC coaching to selected students.We arranged orientation programme on opportunities in banking sector. Professionals from banking handled the sessions.We communicated and motivated the students to participate in various recruitment and
Aims and Objectives:
- To give employment information
- To train them with employability skills
- To empower them with communicative abilities
- To enrich them with leadership qualities
- To enable them face the interviews with confidence
- To enable them to land up in the right job
- To provide information on various courses of higher studies in India and abroad.
- To give information on competitive examinations.
We could arrange an interaction session with Prof. Bill Sheils and Mrs. Sarah
- Sheils (University of York, U.K) in order to clarify the doubts of students regarding higher studies and employment opportunities in U.K.
- Various companies including Asian Paints, ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank etc. presented their pre- placement talks and conducted tests and interviews in the college campus.
- Top professionals from the industry conducted workshops for the students in resume writing skills, interview facing skills, successful participation in GD, effective communication skills including body language (Professionals from MACFAST, Tiruvalla).
- Conducted aptitude tests to help the students to understand themselves to identify their strengths and weaknesses.
- We gave a representation to The South Indian Bank to conduct campus recruitment in our college. Along with our Principal we made some meetings with the HR and Recruitment Department of SIB.
- Organized a workshop for A Soaring Mind and a Better Future in collaboration with Mahatma Gandhi University Employment Information and Guidance Bureau.
- Every year we collect the personal profile of final year students and register their names in various recruitment agency websites like SHREDS, KPSC and provide their contact details to many companies.
- We publish the career opportunities advertisements from various institutions, organizations, News papers (The Hindu, Malayala Manorama etc.) on the notice board.